Financial Market Overview
06th November, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee stayed near one-week low against the dollar in afternoon trade, dragged down by upbeat U.S. data and foreign banks’ greenback bids.
- The rupee was last seen at 64.68 to a dollar, its lowest since Oct. 31 and against 64.5450 at close on Nov. 3. The currency has so far moved in an eight-paisa band. Most other Asian currencies also fell.
- Equity benchmarks turned positive amid consolidation in afternoon, backed by auto, banking & financials stocks and ONGC that rallied 4 percent.
- The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 125.15 points at 33,812.64 and the 50-share NSE Nifty rose 31.70 points to 10,484.25.
- European markets are mixed today. The Germany DAX is down 0.13% while France’s CAC 40 is off 0.14% and London’s FTSE 100 is up 0.03%.
- Asian markets finished higher today with shares in China leading the region. The Shanghai Composite is up 0.49% while Japan’s Nikkei 225 is up 0.11% and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng is up 0.04%.