Financial Market Overview
26th March, 2018
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee was headed for a third session of gains, tracking weakness in the dollar index as traders speculate possibilities of a global trade war amid likely protectionist trade policies by the U.S.
- The rupee was last seen at 64.87 to a dollar, also highest since Mar. 16, and against 65.01 at close in the previous session. The rupee has moved in a 64.8650-64.9425 band so far today.
- Benchmark indices rallied further on the back of short covering in banking & financials stocks.
- The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 323.80 points or 0.99 percent at 32,920.70 and the 50-share NSE Nifty gained 82.80 points or 0.83 percent at 10,080.10.
- European markets are higher today with shares in Germany leading the region. The DAX is up 0.49% while London’s FTSE 100 is up 0.41% and France’s CAC 40 is up 0.26%.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Nikkei 225 gained 0.72% and the Hang Seng rose 0.67%. The Shanghai Composite lost 0.60%.
- The dollar index, which measures the greenback against a basket of six major rivals, fell to 89.35, its lowest since Feb. 20 in early Asian trading after closing 0.4% lower on Friday, amid concerns over trade wars.