Financial Market Overview
27th July, 2018
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- The Indian rupee was little changed against the dollar in afternoon trade, as caution ahead of U.S. economic output data, due later today, offset early gains from likely initial public offering-related inflows.
- The rupee was last seen at 68.65 to a dollar, against 68.66 at previous close. It rose to an intraday high of 68.54, on likely IPO-related inflows at home, before briefly dropping to the day’s low of 68.73. Other Asian currencies traded mixed.
- Indian shares got off to a solid start on Friday as the fresh derivatives series opened, with both indexes hitting record highs on strong quarterly results, including that of index heavyweight ITC Ltd.
- The broader NSE index was up 0.74 percent at 11,250.05, hitting its highest ever for a second straight session while the benchmark BSE index rose 0.80 percent higher at 37,279.14, its fourth all-time high in as many sessions.
- Asian markets finished lower as of the most recent closing prices. The Shanghai Composite closed lower by 0.30% and the Hong Kong Hang Seng ended lower by 0.04%.
- European markets are higher today. The London’s FTSE100 higher by 0.43% and The Germany’s DAX as well as the France’s CAC 40 is trading equal today by 0.21%.
- Yuan slipped 0.35% to 6.8215 against the dollar today amid persistent trade tensions between the U.S. and China.
- The dollar index, measured against a basket of currencies, was last trading down 0.1%, tracking rise in Euro.
- The initial public offering of HDFC Asset Management Co Ltd., which opened for subscription on Jul. 25, will close today. The second largest mutual funds company by assets plans to raise about 28 billion rupees via this IPO and had raised 7.32 billion rupees from 61 anchor investors on Jul. 24.