Financial Market Overview
05th October, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- The Indian rupee turned higher against the dollar in afternoon trade, on likely corporate Dollar sales.
- The rupee was last seen at 65.04 to a dollar, against 65.01 at previous close. The currency had risen to a day’s high of 65.00 to a dollar and the Rupee had marked a day low of 65.19 in early trading session.
- Rangebound movements on the market continued from the morning session, with the indices trading lower. The Nifty managed to hold on to 9900-mark.
- The Sensex was down 26.15 points at 31645.56, while the Nifty was down 6.70 points at 9908.20. The market breadth was positive as 1,434 shares advanced against a decline of 1,011 shares, while 105 shares were unchanged.
- Asian shares were steady on Thursday, taking their cue from strong U.S. data though many markets failed to build on early gains in holiday-thinned trade and due to uncertainty about the impact of recent hurricanes on the U.S. economy. Japan’s Nikkei (N225) and Australian shares (AXJO) both ended flat.
- European markets are mixed. The FTSE 100 is higher by 0.13%, while the DAX is leading the CAC 40 lower. They are down 0.26% and 0.07% respectively.