Financial Market Overview
22nd November, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee remained higher against the dollar in afternoon trade, tracking broad weakness in the greenback amid caution before the release of the Federal Reserve minutes later today and ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday in U.S. tomorrow.
- The rupee was last seen at 64.83 to a dollar against 64.8850 at close in the previous session. Most Asian currencies also traded higher against the dollar.
- Benchmark indices continued to trade flat with a positive bias in afternoon trade. Globally investors await the minutes of recent Federal Reserve policy meeting later today.
- The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 95.92 points at 33,574.27 and the 50-share NSE Nifty rose 17.35 points to 10,344.25.
- Asian markets finished higher today with shares in Hong Kong leading the region. The Hang Seng is up 0.62% while China’s Shanghai Composite is up 0.59% and Japan’s Nikkei 225 is up 0.48%.
- European markets are mixed today. The FTSE 100 is up 0.27% while the DAX gains 0.02%. The CAC40 is off 0.03%.