Financial Market Overview
03rd November, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee was little changed against the dollar in afternoon trade, as importers’ greenback demand offset gains from local shares, while caution ahead of the U.S. jobs data kept the rupee in a narrow range.
- The rupee was last trading at 64.59 to a dollar against 64.61 at previous close. It has moved in a six-paisa band so far today. Most other Asian currencies were trading stronger than the greenback.
- Frontline indices continued to trade steady, with the Nifty holding on to 10,400-mark.
- The Sensex was up 92.58 points at 33665.80 while the Nifty was up 23.25 points at 10447.15. The market breadth was narrow as 1423 shares advanced against a decline of 1111 shares, while 104 shares were unchanged.
- BHEL, Axis Bank and Tata Power gained the most on both indices, while Sun Pharma, BPCL and Coal India were the top losers.
- European markets are mixed today. The DAX is up 0.39% while the FTSE 100 gains 0.33%. The CAC 40 is off 0.02%.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Nikkei 225 is closed for a Japanese holiday the Hang Seng rose 0.30%. The Shanghai Composite lost 0.34%.