Financial Market Overview
20th November, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee steady against the U.S. dollar in afternoon trade, on improved sentiment after a sudden jump in EURUSD.
- The rupee was trading at 65.01 to a dollar at 1:00 p.m. in Mumbai, against 65.01 at close in the previous session. The currency opened at day’s high of 64.97 to a dollar, but gave up all gains to decline to day’s low of 65.12. Asian currencies traded mixed against the dollar.
- Benchmark indices remained flat in afternoon but broader markets extended gains.
- The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 19.43 points at 33,362.23 and the 50-share NSE Nifty rose 5.80 points to 10,289.40. About 1,514 shares advanced against 965 declining shares on the BSE.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Shanghai Composite gained 0.28% and the Hang Seng rose 0.21%. The Nikkei 225 lost 0.60%.
- European markets are lower today with shares in London off the most. The FTSE 100 is down 0.35% while France’s CAC 40 is off 0.08% and Germany’s DAX is lower by 0.21%.