Financial Market Overview
13th November, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee extended losses against the dollar in afternoon trade, amid weakness in local shares and tracking broad strength in the greenback against a basket of currencies, including the British pound.
- The rupee was last seen at 65.44 to a dollar against 65.16 at close in the previous session. The rupee fell to an intraday low of 65.5150, its lowest since Oct. 3.
- Local investors now await India’s retail inflation data, due post market hours today. Data released on Friday showed, India’s industrial output rose 3.8% in September from a year earlier, the slowest pace of expansion since July. The reading trailed August’s revised expansion of 4.5%, and lagged the 4.2% median estimate in a poll of economists.
- Sensex continued to trade over 150 points lower, while the Nifty was firmly below 10,300-mark.
- The Sensex was down 165.93 points at 33148.63, while the Nifty was down 62.95 points at 10258.80. The market breadth was negative as 1117 shares advanced against a decline of 1307 shares, while 123 shares were unchanged.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Shanghai Composite gained 0.44% and the Hang Seng rose 0.21%. The Nikkei 225 lost 1.32%.
- European markets are mixed today. The FTSE 100 is up 0.35% while the DAX gains 0.05%. The CAC 40 is off 0.08%.