Financial Market Overview
12th July, 2018
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee extended early gains against the dollar to a more-than-one-week high in afternoon trade, tracking an overnight slump in global crude oil prices.
- The rupee was last seen at 68.56 to a dollar, highest since Jul. 4, against 68.77 at previous close. It opened little changed at the day’s low of 68.76 before appreciating to as much as 68.52 so far today.
- Equity benchmarks have extended its gains in afternoon session. The Sensex has managed to hold their record high marks, while the Nifty is trading above 11050 level.
- The Sensex gains 407.40 points or 1.12% at 36,673.33, while the Nifty is up by 114.75 points at 11063.05.
- Asian markets finished broadly higher today with shares in China leading the region. The Shanghai Composite is up 2.16% while Japan’s Nikkei 225 is up 1.17% and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng is up 0.60%.
- European markets are mixed today with shares in London leading the region. The FTSE100 is up 0.28%, Germany’s DAX gains 0.04% while the France’s CAC is trading lower by 0.05%.
- The benchmark Brent crude oil contract was last trading at $74.59 a barrel. Yesterday, it slipped 6.9% to close at $73.40 a barrel, marking its largest single-session fall since Feb. 9, 2016.
- The more closely watched U.S. consumer inflation data is due later today. Traders also await India’s consumer inflation data due post market close today.