Financial Market Overview
12th October, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee rose to a one-week high against the dollar in afternoon trade, aided by equity-related dollar inflows amid strong local shares. However, sporadic greenback purchases by state-run banks, likely for importer clients, tested gains in the local currency.
- The rupee was last seen at 65.0750 to a dollar, against 65.14 at previous close. It had risen to 65.0625 so far today. Most Asian currencies were trading mixed against the dollar.
- Equity benchmarks remained higher in afternoon trade as the Sensex was up 201 points at 32,034.99 ahead of September CPI inflation and August industrial output data due later today.
- The Nifty is at 10,049 level, up 64.60 points. About two shares advanced for every share falling on the BSE.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Nikkei 225 gained 0.35% and the Hang Seng rose 0.24%. The Shanghai Composite lost 0.06%.
- European markets are mixed. The FTSE 100 is higher by 0.05%, while the CAC 40 is leading the DAX lower. They are down 0.23% and 0.10% respectively.