Financial Market Overview
02nd April, 2018
MARKETS AT OPEN:-
- Indian currency market is closed today on account of Financial year annual closing.
- Shares have begun the financial year on a positive note, with the Nifty trading above 10,100, while the Sensex is up around 100 points.
- The Sensex is up 96.72 points or 0.29% at 33065.40, while the Nifty is up 41.90 points or 0.41% at 10155.60.
- Asian markets are mixed today. The Hong Kong’s Hang Seng is up 0.24%, Shanghai Composite gains 0.18% while the Australian ASX20 is trading lower by 0.52%.
- European markets finished broadly higher on Thursday with shares in Germany leading the region. The DAX is up 1.31% while France’s CAC 40 is up 0.72% and London’s FTSE 100 is up 0.17%.
- Wall Street surged on Thursday, bringing an upbeat end to a tumultuous, holiday-shortened week as technology stocks rebounded. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 311.56 points, or 1.31 percent, to 24,159.98, the S&P 500 gained 36.46 points, or 1.40 percent, to 2,641.46 and the Nasdaq Composite added 114.22 points, or 1.64 percent, to 7,063.45.
- China’s manufacturing activity expanded at its weakest pace in four months in March as export demand faltered. The Caixin/Markit Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ index (PMI) fell to 51.0 in March from February’s 51.6, countering economists’ expectations for a slight uptick to 51.7.