Financial Market Overview
09th November, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee turned lower against the dollar in afternoon trade on importers Dollar bids.
- The rupee was last seen at 64.97 to a dollar against 64.95 at close yesterday. The currency hit an intraday high of 64.8575. Asian currencies were trading mixed against the dollar.
- Benchmark indices trimmed some of its losses, but continue to trade lower side, with the Nifty trading below 10300. Midcaps post marginal gains and outperform benchmarks.
- The Sensex was down 49.48 points at 33169.33, while the Nifty was down 17.95 points at 10285.20. The market breadth was negative as 1,195 shares advanced against a decline of 1,315 shares, while 131 shares were unchanged.
- European markets are lower today. The CAC 40 is down by 0.21%, DAX is trading lower by 0.26%. The FTSE100 fell 0.15%.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Hang Seng gained 0.79% and the Shanghai Composite rose 0.36%. The Nikkei 225 lost 0.20%.