Financial Market Overview
24th October, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee remained near a week-high against the dollar in afternoon trade, amid sustained greenback sales through foreign and private banks.
- The rupee was seen at 64.9750 to a dollar, highest since Oct. 17, against 65.02 at the previous close. The rupee has moved in a ten-paisa band so far today.
- Equity benchmarks remained higher in afternoon trades, with the Nifty hovering around 10,200 level ahead of expiry of October derivative contracts on Thursday.
- The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 101.41 points at 32,608.13 and the 50-share NSE Nifty rose 29.30 points or 0.29% at 10,214.15.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Nikkei 225 gained 0.50% and the Shanghai Composite rose 0.22%. The Hang Seng lost 0.53%.
- European markets are mixed today. The CAC 40 is up 0.11% while the DAX gains 0.09%. The FTSE 100 is off 0.03%.
- The Chinese ruling Communist Party today voted to include President Xi Jinping’s political thought into its constitution at the final day of its week-long Congress. The party is scheduled to announce a new Standing Committee, the pinnacle of power in the nation, later today.