Financial Market Overview
18th October, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- Indian rupee turned lower against the dollar in thin afternoon trade, as oil importers’ greenback demand offset early gains, with most investors staying on sidelines ahead of a long weekend.
- The rupee was last seen at 65.0875 to a dollar. from 65.02 at previous close. It rose to the day’s high of 64.96 in early trade. Most other Asian currencies were trading mixed against the greenback.
- Equity benchmarks came off day’s low in afternoon, backed by Reliance Industries (up 3.5 percent), HDFC Bank (0.9 percent) and ITC (up 0.3 percent).
- The 30-share BSE Sensex is up 19.63 points at 32,628.79 and the 50-share NSE Nifty is down 4.05 points to 10,230.40, dragged by banks.
- Axis Bank retained its top position in selling list among Nifty 50 stocks, down 8 percent. ICICI Bank, SBI and Yes Bank were down 2.5-3.5 percent.
- Asian markets finished higher today with shares in China leading the region. The Shanghai Composite is up 0.29% while Japan’s Nikkei 225 is up 0.13% and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng is up 0.05%.
- European markets are higher today with shares in London leading the region. The FTSE 100 is up 0.24% while France’s CAC 40 is up 0.13% and Germany’s DAX is up 0.17%.