Financial Market Overview
09th October, 2017
MARKETS AT Noon:-
- The Indian rupee remained higher against the dollar in afternoon trading, as foreign banks continued to sell the greenback for their custodian clients. However, importers’ dollar demand limited the rupee’s gains.
- The rupee was last seen at 65.33 to a dollar, against 65.38 at the previous close. Other Asian currencies were trading mixed against the greenback.
- Equity benchmarks as well as broader markets continued to consolidate in afternoon trade despite positive market breadth.
- The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 75.77 points at 31,889.99 and the 50-share NSE Nifty gained 15.10 points at 9,994.80.
- About 1,460 shares advanced against 1,039 declining shares on the BSE.
- Asian markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The Shanghai Composite gained 0.76% and the Nikkei 225 is closed for a Holiday. The Hang Seng lost 0.46%.
- European markets are mixed today. The DAX is up 0.19% while the CAC 40 gains 0.06%. The FTSE 100 is off 0.08%.